Interaction in class.

I would like to teach History in Bachillerato, History can be a very boring subject if the teacher doesn’t try its best to do it enjoyable. It’s important to me that students can explain thier points of view and their opinions about what I am talking about.
I would like to interact with them using different activities, these are the ones I like the most.

Role playing: In my opinion it would be interesting that students can impersonate a King, a queen or some other historic character, nevertheless it could be a difficult activity if the students are ashamed to speak in public.

Discussions and debates: I think that this is an important method to practice in class, on the one hand the students can explain what they have learnt and on the other hand, the rest of the class can find out in which topics is the speaker right or wrong, moreover, they can learn some facts they haven’t learnt before with the teacher explanation.


Presentations: I like this method because the students can work at home, they can prepare a presentation about an specific topic and then explain it to the rest of the class, although I don’t think this activity can be done in groups, because there will always be  students that take advantage of the work of the rest.

Comentarios

Entradas populares